Thursday, October 26, 2006

It's time

Hello to all my loved ones out there! I begin this blog with much hesitation since it's not of the happiest news.

It's time. Manuel and I went down to UCLA yesterday and learned that it's time. My pulmonologist said that I need a transplant and that now is the time to start the process. My lungs are deteriorating. We've known that it was coming and I have been so open in letting you all know that at some point this would happen. However, it was still a slap in the face. Stupidly I thought, sure this is going to happen, but probably not for a couple of years. Oh, how human I am! Well the time is here. God is answering another prayer and reaching His hand out to me. He is giving me the help that I have been asking for. Almighty Father Gracious and Loving! How Great Is HIS Love.....great enough to hold me when I am hurting, whisper to me when I am lost, love me when I am scared. I, we, have confidence in His work. This is HIS work. Please help us in praying for HIM to hand pick my transplant team. To give them knowledge, skill, faith, and to bless them abundantly for what they do. Pray for the soul in which will be brought to HIM in order for me to receive the gift of life. I pray that this person know HIM and be able to meet HIM on the day of their rest. Pray for my precious husband and girls! For strength that only HE can provide during this process and for our walk to be guided by HIM. Pray for all of my family and dear friends.

My current pulmonologist at UCLA is handing my case over to the transplant doctor. I will be contacted by his office. I will begin a process of new exams and more in depth studies by him and his team. I don't yet know the length of time for any of this. When that process is over I will then go onto the transplant list and wait. Once again I don't yet know the amount of time. My case has floated around many doctors, all of whom have no answer as to what it is, why it is, or how it is that I am in this situation. But they all agree that it is and it's only getting worse. So this is why we start now before I am in the hospital and in an urgent state. I have to take care of myself and my family right now so that I don't get to an urgent state.

The help...please help me in being cautious. My life depends on health right now. So please let us know if you are sick before coming around us. Any minor thing (sore throat, cough, runny nose, cold, or cold sores) can be detrimental to my health. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone but I have to be safe. Please help your kids to not share foods, drinks, lip glosses with the girls.

I love you all beyond belief and am blessed to be able to share even the scariest of moments with you. God bless you!

3 comments:

Just Say Julie said...

okay - well it's time for all of us too - time to be on our knees more lifting up the requests you have placed before us.

i don't have words for you right now....nothing seems adequate....other than i love you

Anonymous said...

Well.... It is so encouraging to hear you, and see you, crying out to the Lord. Listening to His voice and to be totally reliant on Him. It is a great message to us all. As Liz said, It is not the news that we wanted to hear. But it is the news that God has for you and those that love you dearly. To Him be all of the Glory every step of the way. I will have to be thankful that He chose you to show His Miracles through.

You are well loved my precious friend. Every step and every breath of the way!

Photolady said...

You are precious to me, you are soooo amazing, you make me laugh, you make me cry, you are my sister, you give living life new meaning, you are strong, you are loved by many, you are humble, you completely rely on God, you love your family, you are a treasure, you are a giver, you are a great mom, you love your man, you are a fighter, you love eggs, you love the little things, you are a winner, you are a survivor, you are kind, you are sometimes blonde, you give us all more than we can give you, you don't give up but most of all YOU GIVE GOD THE GLORY!