Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Day!

So every year we end up having a total of six Christmas gatherings to go to. Somehow we manage to enjoy all of these within Christmas Eve and Day. At the end of it all Manuel and I end up saying that next year we are just going to stay home all day. Well this year is the first year I still wanted to do all the mad rushing and fitting in time to see all of our family. Having such a hard year has made me want to be with my family more than anything.

Somehow we managed to see my Granny, Nana, cousin Mazie and Uncles Henry and Keith at my mom's house Christmas Eve. It was only for awhile but nice to see them. We then went to my sister in law's house in Thousand Oaks and had Christmas Eve dinner and also exchanged gifts there. It was a real fun night. My poor Isabella was sick though. Poor thing could not stop coughing and spent most of the time on my chest.

Christmas Day was to be another busy day of family gatherings. However, we ended up staying home all day! Analiese and Isabella were so sick that there was no way we were going to be able to do anything. My dad, mom, and brothers ended up coming over for breakfast and stayed until the afternoon. It was so nice to have my family here. My little Analiese was in bed by 6:30 and Isabella followed shortly after. My mom and I made a prime rib dinner, YUMMY. Manuel and I were relaxing together on the couch in our pj's by 8 o'clock. We didn't get to go to our big family gathering in Moorpark and I was real sad about that, until Manuel reminded me that this would be our first time missing it in nine years. I must say it was nice to be home all day. Even though the girls were sick they were able to enjoy their gifts. I loved watching them play all day. They seemed to be on the road to recovery but then it all went downhill after 4 o'clock.

Today we are still on the road to recovery. Lots of liquids, meds every four hours, and plenty of rest. We are sitting here watching The Sound of Music. I am praying that they get better today because tomorrow is a big day. That you will have to hear about later. So I hope your Christmas was full of joy and of thanks for the true meaning of Christ's birth. We praise His name Jesus and thank Him even for the colds we've all had because it kept the focus on what we needed most this Christmas, our family together.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a shame that it takes everyone being sick for you to convince yourself to stay home, and you still feel guilty! (teasing... I know you're getting better)

And you BETTER rest up for our big day tomorrow... I don't know who will be the grown ups.

Laura said...

Ohhh I hope you were all better for whatever it is that you were doing today (can't wait to hear!).
Sorry everyone has been sick!

Photolady said...

Sounds like you got to be with family AND be home! Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas! Sounds fun to be in your p.j.'s by 8!

Melissa said...

I hope everyone is feeling better now. And I love your slideshows!! What a beautiful family you have.