Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Well I've been feeling a little more human lately. I don't know how anyone can take Vicodin for pain on a daily basis. It makes my stomach hurt, makes me groggy, and I get in this funky mood. I had to finally stop taking it, thanks to Dr.Grossman. Well as far as my Rheumatoid Arthritis and my muscle pain, I am still having a hard time. When my pain gets bad I just lay there and cry out. The only benefit to the Vicodin I was taking was that it was the new stronger one and would minimize the pain. Which is the first thing I have found that will do anything. Now I have to weigh whether or not my stomach can handle it when I need it. I have decided that I will only take it when I am in excruciating pain that doesn't even go away when I stay still. The muscle pain gets so bad that it feels like someone is just slicing at them with a razor blade (that's the best way I can describe it). Well, last week I went to see Dr. Grossman (she's my Rheumatologist) and she had a lot of guesses but still no firm answer as to what is going on. She is still thinking that right now I am suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis (only based on labs). She is still not certain as to what else could be going on because I have a lot of shoulder muscle and joint pain (pain doesn't even describe it, I really mean failure). She says that generally that doesn't happen with Rheumatoid Arthritis. So once again I am a big ?mark. She did give me some new meds to try, although not the strong stuff because there is a lot I can't take because of my lungs. That's the thing I get no relief because the stuff they would give for that is not good for the lungs and would hide the symptoms to be able to know what exactly is going on. So I have to have these pains and problems in order to help it show in my labs and to describe it. As I sit here and type I can feel my right forearm beginning to start up. She also ordered me to get some x-rays and a TB test done. I got the TB shot yesterday, which is only so that they can get a baseline to start a new self injected (woohoo) med. Then I have to go today to get the x-rays of my shoulders done. Then Thursday I am back at the Dr.'s office to get the TB test read and something else done. I get confused with all the medical things I have to do. On top of this stuff there is a bunch of things I have to get done for the Lung Clinic. I will have to post on that later. Just wanted to give you another long update, thanks for reading it all. Thank you for all your prayers too! I am feeling more like myself in respect to attitude, so thanks for the prayers. Love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in my prayers.

Photolady said...

I love Julie no matter if she is psycho medicated Julie or happy go lucky Julie or I don't want to talk Julie or I can drive Julie.......I'll take it ALL!!!
You are very special to me!!!
You are MY BEST FRIEND JULIE!!!!
Have a great week!
Love,
your sis!

Melissa said...

I am so sorry about the pain. I wish there was a way to help it. Take care!!