Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rest


Most of you know that I have been confined to the couch or bed. It has been a very hard thing because not only do I have no choice but I can't even "sneak" an extra thing like putting away a load of laundry or cleaning something in. I have been "resting" a lot. I don't like any of this...BUT....

GOD continues to open my eyes to the blessings. My mind and human side keeps peeking at the struggle BUT....GOD won't let my eyes focus on it! Right now I must say the blessings really do outweigh the struggle (in the bigger picture)

I rest but what I see is all the one's around me whose work load has gotten just a little heavier. My husband, family, and friends who have without question stepped in to help this family stay afloat. My sweet friends who take the girls to practice, classes, AWANA, take me in the wheelchair, and more. My Mom, Granny, and mother in law who clean and do laundry. My husband who DOES IT ALL and even goes as far as to bake us a cake, is presently washing all the dishes, on top of the worries for his wife and family. My Dad and Brothers and Aunt who call me and make me laugh when I need it most. The countless number of people who have brought a meal and have signed up to bring a meal. The many visitors who pop in just to say hi. I never want to be someone who boasts about the things she gets in life and so my intention here is not for that. Yet, it's to speak (testify) of the mighty thing that GOD is doing in the midst of this long struggle. I see that no matter how "long" a struggle goes on GOD doesn't check out and say "I've helped you too much". He blesses us with angels who say "how can I help", "please let me take you in your wheelchair", "here's a treat", and "sure I can take them". But as I see the work load and listen to the lie (as God has made me aware of) that I am burdening them GOD reminds me of the blessing. Even if I think they should rest and not have to help us with this yoke...God reminds me that the blessing of these people is from HIM who never says "I've helped you too much".

3 comments:

harrells said...

God does amazing things in the hearts and lives of His people when others are in need. Because of the season you are living in others are called to serve and God blesses! You are giving others an oppotunity to be blessed by God. He works everything for good!

Kristen Plum said...

Yes! It brings me so much JOY when you let me do things for you! Don't think it ever ever burdens us. It is a complete blessing! I wish I could do more! :)

Geneva said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you see it as a blessing. For those of us who haven't helped recently, we're thinking we should find a way to get over there and help- not feeling it a burden but a privilege! :)