Sunday, September 10, 2006

Back to School Basics


We have made it through our first week of homeschooling. Must say it was a real fun week. It's so fun to be doing school again. My 3rd grader, Analiese, is just so excited about learning lately! I also have a new little student at the table, my little Bella. This year she is officially a pre-schooler. She sits at the table with us and brings her little school books with her. It is so cute! Our first day was Sept. 4th and that morning Manuel stood in their doorway as they opened their eyes from a restful sleep. Bella focused on him and said "DADDY I GO TO SCHOOL TODAY"! She was just so excited to be doing what she has watched her sister do. I had to ask her one question though just to clarify she understood where school was. "Bella, where are you going to go to school?" She just looked at me with her little curls landing in her face and said "mommy you funny! In da kitchen". I was pleasantly surprised! I thought that she was so excited because she thought that we were going to take her somewhere. Even though I had a great week with Analiese I know the struggles are near. Afterall we are still just reviewing. I suspect it will be better overall, than last year. Our first year we struggled with attitude a lot, her and I. We basically had to get to know eachother on a whole new level. I learned so much about who she is and what type of learner she was. It's amazing because I thought that I knew everything about her when she went to school. Very difficult to explain, but I wouldn't change it for the world! A blessing! So tis my blog at the beginning of the school year. I will have to look back at this when I am bloggin' of the troubles that are bound to come. For now, THANK YOU LORD!
Off I go....football is on and my hubby just got home from work!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Happy to hear things went well your first week of homeschooling Julie! Never thought of how you would learn so much new stuff about a child when homeschooling but what an awesome experience!
~Laura (friend of Liz)

Julie said...

I say "we" are doing fantasy football. He says that I still have a lot of learning to do. I still love it, even if he does still just see me as a girl!