Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Best Day!



I had the best day today! I am just winding down from today and I just wanted to
YELL FROM THE BLOG TOPS! (no rooftop in here) I feel like this a lot of times, probably 5-6 days out of the week. I just now figured that I can grasp this feeling long enough to write about. During the day I feel like it is a normal day, but then this thing happens as I do more throughout the day. This normalcy forms into this giddy hiccup, then a savoring, a yearning, a clarity, an excitement, then this thankfulness that I just can't describe. I start off everyday feeling normal. I wake up and think "I'm still here", I know that completely sounds teenish but it's the only way to describe this. After realizing that I have been granted another day to breathe I go through a body checklist as I stand to go through my day. "Legs, little pain, yeah they'll work all day. Feet, stiff, should get better, hopefully. Shoulders, ouch, that's tolerable. Hands, moderate pain, probably can't hold onto anything heavy but that's okay. So it's a good body day!" I do the things that I always do and just go about the day. As we all do. On a day like today there isn't anything spectacular going on but as I go through my errands with the girls the giddy hiccups start. As I walk into my first "to do" place I think "This is great I am actually running my errands". That is when I start to savor the moment of actually doing normal things. I mean seriously now who gets excited to run errands? As the day progresses and I see how many things I have done I start to feel as if I am not expressing myself enough as I do these errands. I know that this is all God, because for anyone to feel as if they need to be a little more excited and giggly about their errands all on there own is just sick. Now remember I literally go through this a couple times a week. As I realize that this is all God I begin to feel as if I can just look over and see him smiling at me, telling me that the only reason I can have this clarity is because He loves me enough to allow me to. I savor so much the days that I have. Many times I have my thoughts throughout the day and keep them in my head as I walk and run my errands. You wouldn't be able to see that I am having such a real moment with God. This is what frustrates me. This is what I wonder about. Is the fact that I am having these moments throughout the day showing HIM that I am thankful? Or am I supposed to actually scream and yell from the roof tops the way my soul wants to? Did I just answer my own question? Are my moments with HIM supposed to be private? If so why do I have this excitement? Ahhh, yes! The Holy Spirit! Maybe I am supposed to do as I have and acknowledge and fully understand the feeling first. Then I should be able to verbalize them as they come. Give glory to HE who is sustaining me everyday! This is my mission now that I have just given myself the answer. I will tell of HIS works in my life. I will pour out this love that HE has given me because it is the most awesome feeling! I will let the people who touch my life know that they have done exactly that. I will smile as I run my errands and I may just giggle as I do them. I will be giggly! I can't jump up and skip along the aisle but I can giggle. Most of all though, I will be okay with the fact that I, more than likely, won't always show my excitement. However, at the end of my day I will continue to say "I had the best day"!

1 comment:

Just Say Julie said...

you just let it all out! yell it when you need to....hold it private when you need to!! so glad for your great days!