Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Helping Hand

Today the girls and I went to church at New Life. They were having there 9th birthday celebration. I really wanted to go because they were combining all three of the services into one at Pacifica High School. I was so excited to get there because I just knew I was going to get chills hearing hundreds of people singing praises to our Almighty Creator. So I got up, got the girls ready, took a shower and we were off. It even turned out to be a good hair day! So I was feeling great, attitude wise. Physically I was huffing and puffing trying to do all of these normal things. Just too hard today. Well anyway, when I exit the freeway into the city I use to work in, I go the complete wrong way, strike one. Then I finally get there, go to turn in and that entrance is closed, strike two. I make a u-turn go into the right parking lot and go to the handicap parking right at the entrance, full, strike three. I ended up parking SOOOO far away. Needless to say my excitement was gone. I was just about to start crying at the thought of how out of breath and dangerous this walk would be for me, when I looked up and saw His answer for me in a desperate situation. My friends the Hoppe's drove up in there van and right away Liz said they would drive us to the front. I knew when I saw them that this was The Lords way of helping me. So what did I say? "No that's okay. I'll just walk slowly." Such a weird thing though because as I am saying this I am thinking this is what I'm supposed to do, accept the ride. But I stuck to my answer and walked slowly. Why do we do things like this, accept the least amount of help possible. You would think that by now after all I have had to endure I would be willing to swallow my pride and take the darned ride. What, was I afraid they would laugh at me and call me names. Ridiculous! I am sorry Liz, but quite obviously I am still in denial. I did end up telling the usher however that I could not go up into the bleachers and that I needed to sit down low. So Analiese and I got to sit very near the stage where when I looked back I could see hundreds of believers, arms in air worshiping He who sent a familiar van to help me. The goosebumps were definitely there! I loved every minute of it. I had always wanted to be in a worship service so big that you don't recognize many yet you feel so at home. I had a moment that Liz had to help me through after but in the end I left today feeling so close to home, HIM. I am so thankful to my Father Almighty today for giving me what he, once again, knew I needed. My focus needs to stay on Him not that which the world throws my way in order to turn my attention. The cool thing, HE still won! I got so much out of today. I got even closer to HIM, sang my heart out, once again accepted my disability, and had a really good time with my friends. I LOVE THIS LIFE!

No comments: