Monday, December 18, 2006

I'm sick!

I am sick! I don't like it at all! I am taking a medication which is an immunosuppressant and it has helped a lot of my Rheumatiod/Lupus symptoms. However, it can cause your immune system to be low. Which means I am more prone to viral and bacterial infections. I went to the doctor today and the good news is it is not strep throat. As if getting sick weren't punishment enough, I have had larengitis since it all started Friday. I think my family likes quiet Mommy. It was so weird, I was talking on the phone with our friend Glenn and all of the sudden my throat and head started hurting. It hit me that quick! Within an hour and a half I could hardly speak. I tire even more easily, it hurts and I cough a lot. I have also been having a lot more muskoskeletal pain, not fun. I can't take much to help because of other med's but my doctor did find a cough medicine I could take. So I will sleep good tonight! We are hoping it doesn't become a bacterial infection in my lungs. We'll see. Four days of not talking is boring!

Don't forget to read what I posted below, it's new too! Love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, now I get it. Don't give ol' Glenn any thanks for the Miceli's pull, but get his wife to empathize with his illness-inducing personality! I feel so loved. Hope you're feeling better. :-)

Laura said...

I was going to say, if it's the Glenn I met not all that long ago, I can understand the headache (just kidding Glenn!lol)
I hope you feel better soon Julie! Thinking of you!

Photolady said...

So sorry you were sick!!!! That is horrible to not be able to talk!!!
Love Ya!