Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Shame on me!

I caught myself saying things that I shouldn't be saying! So this blog is a big SHAME ON ME! I have been complaining about my grey hairs that are popping up everywhere! I have been complaining about turning 30 in July! I have been complaining about lines and wrinkles!

I am SO SORRY to all of you who have had to hear a 29 year old complain about these things. I am so wrong! How dare I in one breath thank God for the LIFE I have and in the next complain of completing another year! Talk about a contradiction! My birthday isn't even here yet and I am upset over it! So what! I need to just "Breathe Life" and enjoy 29! So what, my hair is turning grey! Why am I upset over this when, hardly anybody can tell under this huge mane, and my good friend Kristen can just take it all away? Lines??? I should have gotten over this one when I realized what lines the girls put on my belly.

So there I shut myself up! (for now at least) Now comes the hard part of trying not to complain about it anymore.

9 comments:

Laura said...

We all have our days Julie and we all understand. I'm thankful the greys can be covered up - it's one less thing to make me feel old. :) So when is this 30th bday???

Anonymous said...

Girl, I don't think God minds if we complain! Yes, we should be very thankful for every day and year we get (my almost 77 year old father tells me I am just a kid). But it is hard to age when you have not authorized the changes! Just keep those highlights coming and Cliniqe makes a great eye cream..But what comes with the signs of age also comes wisdom, confidence and assurance. I did not appreciate my body when I was 20 or even when I was 30, so now that I am nearing 40 (gasp) I am finally realizing that I know who I am, no matter what everyone else thinks, and I like it. It is a free place to be.

Anonymous said...

I am not anonymous!! It was me that said the above..just couldn't read the instructions..wait, let me get my glasses..yes, glasses, but hey they are cute!

Julie said...

I thank you guys for your comments! Laura, it's July 11. I always brag that I have a lucky b-day 7/11/77! Cool huh!

I knew it was you Carolyn and loved what you said "it's hard to age when you have not authorized the changes". Thanks for that. I do have the eye cream (hope it works)

Photolady said...

We all love you just the way you are! Shame on all of us because we all find things to complain about at times instead of just rejoicing in what God has blessed us with. Carolyn is right that those grey hairs only count for wisdom God has given you over the years. We all need to breathe life and enjoy it but sometimes we just inhale a little too much smog and it clouds us up for a bit.......

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you about the lines on my tummy. I call them my "Micah marks." But it is so worth it, just like the signs of aging. I mean, I wouldn't know but I'm sure it is :)

Anonymous said...

The is what the Lord says about it:

Prov 16

31Gray hair is a crown of glory;
it is gained in a righteous life.
32Whoever is slow to anger is better than the mighty,
and he who rules his spirit than he who takes a city.
33The lot is cast into the lap,
but its every decision is from the LORD.

Anonymous said...

Lady be thankful your just going gray, and not pelon (bald) for the non Spanish speaking people. I would take a gray hair any day. You can hide gray, bald not that easy. I can't be to upset about it tough, because gray may be wise, but PELON is beautiful.

Amanda said...

Praise God that you can complain about the "normal" things.

Whew the big 30!!! I'm sorry I have to stop typing because I'm laughing so hard I can't see the screen through the tears running down my face.

And you guys are always teasing me about how old I am. hmmmm! I love you Julie, and I know it's hard to see those changes....and you are right we didn't authorize them.

Thanks for expressing what I feel when I look in the mirror.

Love you!!!!
Amanda