Monday, April 09, 2007

Long Lost Love

I have an uncle whom I've not been very close to. As a kid he use to take us to Universal Studios, parks, and for ice cream. I have always held onto the memories and love we had when I was a little girl. We use to go over to his house and his neighbor had horses that we would go look at. He also use to have some sort of dog kennel, or maybe he just had 10 dogs, I don't remember but it was cool. He lived on a lot that looked over a big canyon and I use to think that the coyotes were going to come over the hedge. I have visions of the many dogs defending me. I remember the house as if I were there yesturday and for that reason I have always wanted a ranch style home with red siding. It looked like a little cottage. Anyway, I have obviously missed this relationship. So much so that I just realized yesturday that I named our turtle after him. Everytime I have had a conversation with him it's been very quick and impersonal, until the other day. I returned a phone call in which he had left me a very heartfelt hello. When I talked to him he was very sweet and talkative. Our conversation ended with him saying "hey, I just want to let you know I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH". Now I get to hold onto that and let go of the little girl thoughts (which was all I had).
I TOO, LOVE YOU VERY MUCH UNCLE HENRY!

3 comments:

Laura said...

That's so great that you got to talk to him Julie. And to now have that new memory to go with the older ones. I bet talking to him made your day!

Anonymous said...

That is very cool, and I'm laughing that you named your turtle after him, sorta. Must be fond memories...

Melissa said...

How wonderful for you. I just love that kind of love. It is so special.