Thursday, April 12, 2007

Welcome With Prayer

It's not like I don't ever have bad days. They come and go. I have learned to, as weird as this sounds, welcome them and work with them. I know to just stay put on these days. Although today, it hit me hard. Today was a day to pray. I let it affect me. It messed with my happiness. I had one of these days on Monday. Why was it today that hurt my happiness so much? What was different? For one, I let it get to me. I was saddened by being sick. I didn't welcome it. I didn't work with it. I didn't pray immediately. I wish you knew just how many times THIS WEEK God has tried to drill that in my head! PRAY IMMEDIATELY! I better start applying it NOW. I know there are many of you out there who tell me that I am way too hard on myself. I just don't see it that way. I can be hard on myself but when it comes to learning the lessons that God puts before me, it is urgent that I learn them. As urgent as applying the brake in the car. If I don't do it without a thought I will be thrown onto a road full of turmoil. So, I know that these days will come and I have to welcome them with prayer immediately. Even though I was completely out of breath (wheezing like crazy) after two steps today I am chalking one up for GOD! I am still learning and I am willing to learn every step and breath of the way. My friend Laura called and left a message for me today. She said she wasn't sure if today was a good day but that she thought of me when she read her bible today.
He speaks in many different ways, this was one of the ways I heard Him today:

Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good,
a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in Him

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so amazing to me! What a lesson you are teaching me. Hope today is a good day!