Sunday, May 06, 2007

Did I mention....

that I've been sick? Started off as a sore throat. When I went to see Dr. Lynch (UCLA) Monday I told him about it and he warned "getting sick can lead to pneumonia, you have to stay healthy. It can be fatal for you because you have no downhill from 17%" Yeah, sounds scary huh? Well, then I got really bad body aches, headaches, cold chills, fever,lethargy,weakness,and loss of appetite. I went in on Thursday they gave me an antibiotic on the chance that I was developing pneumonia, a 5 day bout of prednisone (whoopee)and sent me across the street for x-ray. They called me Friday at 4:45pm to let me know that my x-ray was positive for pneumonitis but said to just keep taking the meds and I "should" be okay. Reassurance. Went into the ER today because my good friend Laura,who is a nurse, found my local pulmonary group doctor who suggested I be checked again and put on IV antibiotics. They checked and PRAISE GOD all traces of pneumonia were gone! They said the antibiotics I was prescribed were what they give at the hospital for pneumonia so it is working. They wanted to keep me for my lungs, it's funny when I go in and it's a whole new set of nurses and doctors and they get scared over how badly I sound. They want to give me a bunch of breathing treatments and pump me full of steroids. I warn them they don't work, they try then they say "wow you're still wheezing really bad and working really hard". I just told them that my breathing felt no worse than a "normal" day for me. This is how it always is and they made me promise to go back home and REST. So that was our Saturday, now I'm resting, watching everyone pack my home, and BORED! PRAISE GOD FOR THE ABILITY TO BE BORED AS I COUNT (literally with all the people helping, offering, calling, texting, and praying) ALL MY BLESSINGS!

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ YESTERDAY'S BLOG PLEASE DO, IT'S IMPORTANT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WELL, I'm glad they prescribed something for you that worked and that the pneumonitis (new word for me...) is gone!

I'm glad you are letting so many people help you, instead of letting your stubborn streak get the best of you!

Hope you continue feeling better!