Friday, May 04, 2007

THE DECISION

On Monday I made the decision to ask my doctors to put me on "the list". It was a good decision especially since my lung capacity has gone down even more than the last time I was tested. In March I was at about 20% lung capacity and now I am at 17%. This is total proof that God is sustaining me. To function even the little bit that I do just screams of how HE is giving me the strength that I have. It is AWESOME! I will be put on "the list" within the next week or so. I have to get a right heart cath done first. This measures the pressure of my heart and if the results don't come back good then that will give me a couple of more points for higher placement on the list. My age is a big factor. I will be told by UCLA the general category of where on the list I am placed but they will not tell me the #. This is because waiting is waiting and they don't want you to be focused on a number when there are so many factors put into when you get your organs. I will be posting links on the left tool bar to UNOS (United Network for Organ Sharing) and UCLA Lung Transplant, in order to help you understand the process and struggles that we will be going through. I love you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Julie, what a major step to take. Just know you are not walking it alone. I was just reading and journaling and you came to mind during my time with the Lord. Matt. 21:22 says "You can pray for anything and if you have faith, you will receive it." So I asked the Lord for you to be a witness to many of His miraculous and healing hand. I also prayed for you to have many more years with Manuel and the girls. I have faith and I know He can do this!! We are right by you through it all. Lots of Love, Grace and Peace to you!! Peggy Wolf

Anonymous said...

I continue to pray for you all, knowing that God will guide your decisions and all that happens. I hope you know how many people you have to lean on.

I can imagine how hard it was for you to make this step, but I anxiously wait to see where God takes us all because of it.

Amanda said...

Your faith is incredible and it that which we all draw our next breath. Thanks for helping us all to understand what you are going through. We are walking with you....unfortunately we cannot help you carry it...I love you Julie O. Praying for you and with you. Love, Amanda