Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Go figure!

Just as soon as I said how busy I was....We're on lock down! With all these fires going on around us the air quality is dangerous for me (as well as anyone) so...I'm not going anywhere! The air quality has been horrible but yesterday and today look better. I've been reminded that looks can be deceiving those harmful particulates are still flying around out there. So we're still on lock down! We've been playing games, making sock dolls, wrestling, having tickle wars, playing scrabble junior (I'm training them young), and watching documentaries. Still having fun! Our phone has been ringing off the hook with well wishers and system checkers ("do you need anything while I'm out?"). The coolest thing that has happened since Sunday is...WE BOUGHT SCRABBLE ON MY CELL PHONE! We can play anywhere now! I was on a real big losing streak, losing by more than 100pts. each time! Then I scored 90pts. on one word! That was a great comeback! Poor Manuel! :( I use to think that Scrabble players were nerds but now I'm happy to call myself a Scrabble nerd!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're having fun on your lockdown. I can't wait for it to be over! But then again, I'd rather be on lock down with my own kids than 28 of someone else's.

Happy scrabbling, nerd!

Laura said...

I've been wondering how you are doing with all those fires out there. Thank you for the update. It sounds like you are finding plenty to do to keep busy at home. I love scrabble. My mom and I used to play every Sunday ALL DAY when I'd go home to do my laundry. I sure miss that!