Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm only a week late!

No, I'm not pregnant! I'm only a week late in posting what happened at my appointment. Sorry, I just am so tired of talking about me and that's probably why I've stopped blogging so much. But as many friends tell me it's not fair to you guys. So anyway, last Monday went well. My tests went well and I wasn't tired at all. The best of all was going to the support group. I had two really heavy weights lifted off of me. Just some stresses that I have been holding on to. We met a woman who was 6 weeks post transplant and was more lively than anyone I know. She spoke like a mile a minute, she ate a lot, and giggled even more! It was great. Turns out she received a single lung from a 15 year old donor. I still get chills when I say that. It's the weirdest thing to say something so happy yet so sad at the same time. An oxymoron sentence (if at all possible). The social worker at the meeting, the guy who runs these meetings, explained that we needed to remember that her receiving one lung may be the reason for such a quick recovery. She was inspiration nonetheless. We also met a brother and sister who were there on behalf of their sister who had a double lung transplant. They said that she looked a lot like this lady at the same week in recovery yet suddenly took a turn for the worst. Turns out the lungs she received had an infection that was undetectable. When the symptoms came on they tried to treat them but it quickly turned into double pneumonia. She is currently in the hospital fighting. I have been on "the list" for 120 days. As I've mentioned before, my transplant coordinator says that I should in all likelihood be transplanted within 6 months. I didn't realize how fast it's gone and how close it is to that 6 month mark until the support group people said "wow, so you've been on "the list" for three and half months, you're getting close!" Now here I sit at 4 months on "the list" thankful that UCLA averages 6 months. Other states average 2 years. Praise God for this opportunity. I know He has my lungs chosen already, has had them since I was born and has healed me with this opportunity! So last weeks meeting was great, an awakening, for that I praise God! Love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad for posting the updates... It seems like the doctors give you worst case scenarios for recovery, and that may be how it is... but it may not be. I am glad you are one who lives in God's promises and plans. He does know what is just right for you.

Anonymous said...

Glad for posting?

Sorry... I no speaka duh english