Sunday, April 05, 2009

Hospital Stay

I went in to see my transplant Dr's on Thursday. They told me to go in because I was having symptoms that were scarring them. When I got there I was having extreme difficulty breathing and couldn't catch my breath. It's kinda a long story but my Dr. Sent me over to the ER and I was admitted. It took 8 hours of breathing 52-60 breaths/minute, several doctors watching and wanting to intubate me (breathing tube), countless nebulizer treatments, several doses of steroids, and a b i-pap machine before I finally started catching my breath. I only remember bits and pieces but know that they were all expecting for me to tire out and need for them to rescue me. Praise God though that at the same moment I was starting to catch my breath our church was having a service (1st Thursday) and were all praying for me at that exact moment to breathe! God is good! Had I been intubated I would have had to be taken off the list for a period because of it. I basically suffered an acute flare up caused by my disease. Praise God no embolisms (blood clots) and no visible viruses. Down side is that my disease has progressed and I still need new lungs. Plus side is I am at the top of the UCLA list!! Anyway God is good and I am back home...on strict rest!

No comments: