Saturday, April 25, 2009

Donate Life 5K



We had an awesome day at the Donate Life Run/Walk! There were so many people it was amazing! My poor man ran even though his foot was injured!! It benefited Analiese though because she beat him by 1:15 (which he had to buy her a banana split for). All the Daddy's ran with the older daughters and us mommy's and little kids walked. It was so cute to see the little kids running. My nephew Ryan was a crack up because he would just keep running and blow past everyone! Bella and Ryan ended up running the last mile with Jim and Delia. Yep, the whole mile!! I was pushed by Amy the whole time. Now, as much as that is such a sweet thing that a best friend just does don't think it was all sweet!! She almost spilled me onto the asphalt 3 times! It was HILARIOUS and I screamed so loud!! I don't often use the wheelchair and now I remember why. Between her and Manuel I always end up SCREAMING from a near spill. I would rather take my chances with walking! It does make it more fun though, especially when people give you that look like "Oh no! The poor handicapped girl almost fell out of her chair!". FUN TIMES!! I loved being out there with my family and my best friends! I am so proud of all the kids too. None of them complained!! I was also approached with an opportunity to speak on organ donation to the Spanish speaking community. Pretty neat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, looks like it was a lot of fun!