Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Three months!

Today is three months with my new lungs! This is a huge milestone that I am very excited to have reached. It's an emotional one for me on so many levels too. These past months have brought me through things that I never thought I would have to endure. I have experienced many emotions through it all joy, love, patience, pain, hurt, loss of a friend, hope, anticipation, excitement, anger, confusion, and happiness! Geez how can all of that have gone on in three months?

Today I will go off alone to reflect, pray, and praise God for all HE has brought me and my family through. I will finally write my letter to the family of my donor. I have looked to this day and known that this was going to be the day that I allow myself to fully FEEL AND GRASP all that has happened. I feel the pull, as I type toward, my quiet place...where I know God will be right next to me and allow me to lean on His shoulders for a couple of hours.

It's a good day! It's a GOD day!

Sent via my iPhone ; )

2 comments:

JUST A MOM said...

Praying you through the day.

Joe - Peggy's Brother said...

Hi Julie,
Praise God for the three months and the years ahead. Thank you for your freindship with Peggy! We miss her so. But so thankful to have her as a sister! Her memory holds strong.

God bless!