Friday, November 10, 2006

"Here I Am to Worship"

We had the best night of worship last night! It was the most amazing night! We went to Ventura Missonary for a free concert featuring Tim Hughes. He is the singer/writer of "Beautiful One" and "Here I Am to Worship". If you haven't heard any of his music you should check him out on i'tunes. I never cease to be amazed by the power of worship. Singing praises to our Father Almighty, our Creator. I had just the slightest glimpse of what it must be like in heaven. Honestly! Yes, here in Ventura! At one point I was just lifting my hands up to HIM as we sang, I looked over to my family and there was Bella clapping and dancing with her daddy, then I looked down and saw my little Analiese both arms raised up to HIM singing with all her might! We were all smiling all happy! This is what the angels in heaven must feel when they sing in heaven. The joy I got out of seeing everyone there, strangers and friends all together to worship HIM, was something I will never forget. Grown men smiling and singing. Little babies falling to sleep with the beautiful sound. Elderly people dancing, singing, and just being young again. Teens down on there knees and some lying on the ground face down humbling themselves in order to give HIM praise. The church was packed every seat seemed to be taken. Anyway, it was an awesome night! HE was glorified through the music that Tim Hughes and his band played. So yes "Here I Am to Worship"!

3 comments:

Photolady said...

It's great to hear it turned out to be something you must be happy you didn't miss! Fun Family Time is THE BEST! Especially when it involves worshiping God!!!!!!!!

Just Say Julie said...

sounds glorious! i can't wait until Christmas time...I am going to have an awesome praise CD for you from our pastor and worship leader!!

Anonymous said...

I am a fellow FReeper and I recieved this in my email a short time ago and wanted to share it with you.

"We Are Never Alone"

Do you know the legend of the Cherokee Indian youth's
rite of passage? His dad takes him into the
forest..blindfolded...and leaves him....alone.

He is required to sit on a stump the whole night...and
not take off the blindfold until the ray of sun shines
through it. He is all by himself. He cannot cry out
for help to anyone. Once he survives the night..he is
a MAN. He cannot tell the other boys of this
experience. Each lad must come into his own manhood.

The boy was terrified...could hear all kinds of
noise...Beasts were all around him. Maybe even some
human would hurt him. The wind blew the grass and
earth... and it shook his stump. But he sat
stoically..never removing the blindfold ld. It would be
the only way he could be a man.

Finally, after a horrific night..the sun appeared and
he removed his blindfold. It was then that he saw his
father..sitting on the stump next to him...at watch...
the entire night.

We are never alone. Even when we do not know it,
our Father is protecting us...He is sitting on the
stump beside us.

All we have to do is reach out to Him.

God Bless you and I will keep you in my prayers.
Hugz,
sweetiepiezer