Tuesday, March 27, 2007

A Quick Update

I just realized that I never blogged about my last visit to the UCLA Lung Clinic. I went in to see my doctor, whom I thought was the surgeon, and learned that he was one of the surgeons but now he runs the transplant lung clinic. Well he said that he thinks it's time that I go over to see the actual surgeon. Whom has a really smart sounding name of Dr. Ardehali. He feels that I might have to go on "the list" sooner rather than later. He had hoped that we would be able to wait a little longer but feels that with my recent hospitalization, need for oxygen, and decrease in daily activities it is more likely to happen sooner. I have had to go through a series of doctors in order to move through the clinic. Obviously "moving through the clinic" is not a good thing. It means a decrease in health. So unfortunately I have moved through the clinic and am on my way over to see "THE SURGEON"(dum-de-dum-dum). We will be going to meet him on April 18th at the hospital. I was told that I have to get a series of things done in order to start this process. Being put on the list means that you have to go through a rigorous process of tests, scans, and labs. They basically have to know everything about your health, every aspect of it. So I've been very busy going to all sorts of appointments in order to do all of this by April 18th.

Please help us by continuing to pray for God's will to be done in all of this. For Manuel, the girls, and I to continue to grow closer to Christ and each other in this time. We love all of you so much and appreciate all of your love and prayers... I just want to let you know that I am going to try to label my blogs to where the HEALTH related issues will be under HEALTH and all others will just remain unlabeled. Hopefully it works. This way you can go straight to HEALTH if you want instead of reading all my other blabberings! Love and blessings to you all!

2 comments:

Just Say Julie said...

i love you! and i am so glad to hear you were able to get away this weekend. you have no idea how seeing you there impacted people!

Laura said...

You hang in there Julie. With all the love and support surrounding you I know you'll be strong! Hugs!