Thursday, April 19, 2007

UPDATE

Dr. Ardehali examined me, reviewed my health and said that definitely a transplant is needed. No question. We were waiting for this appointment to tell us whether he thought it was time for me to be put on "the list". Even my transplant clinic doctor had said that he wanted to see whether Dr. Ardehali wanted to proceed. So imagine my surprise when he told us that he wants us to tell him when we thought we were ready. He wants to make sure that we fully comprehend the severity of transplantation. He said of all transplantations lungs are the most severe. He wants to know that we fully understand the process in which we will go through pre-transplant and post-transplant. We also met with a social worker in charge of transplant patients. We were given a list of 50-60 medications that I will be taking post transplant. I will get more into those in another post. We now need to talk to our health insurance to find out which of the medications they will cover and which they won't. We found out that many of the immune-suppressant drugs will more than likely be the most expensive. We will also be talking to our insurance about the $$ amount of our yearly and lifetime cap. Manuel told Dr. Ardehali that as of yet we needed to go home pray about it and speak to our insurance. A year ago Manuel had spoken to our insurance and was told that it would be fully covered. We just now need to double check and verify exactly what is covered. Yesterday I realized that I have been waiting for a doctor to be the way in which God was going to let me know whether or not it was time. I now can clearly see, by it being put back in my hands, that the only way that decision is going to get made is by continued prayer on the reassurances that God has been giving us. We stand firm on his promises and know that He will never leave us or forsake us. We can't go wrong if we are having faith in his grip on our lives. I get scared often. Though when I'm scared I remind myself that FEAR is not of God. Don't let me fool you though because it comes often. This is a constant struggle. We are in a fearful situation but we WILL CONTINUE to have faith. WE WILL CONTINUE to seek the Almighty Physician, God, and follow HIM down the narrow path. I had a very emotional day today and I'm glad that I am ending on this note.

What I am claiming today:

Romans 12:1-2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Romans 8:18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the
glory that will be revealed in us.

Isaiah 42:6 I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles

PLEASE HELP US PRAY:
1) for God's will to be done in this situation, that our decision be guided by him not our selfish wants
2) for strength for our little family and for our extended family
3) that God somehow and someway provide for the finances of pre-transplant and post-transplant care. That the insurance cover all of it.
4) for communication to go smoothly between doctors, insurance, authorizations, and case managers
Thank you for your love and support! We love you dearly and often pray blessings over you who come here because you care.

3 comments:

Photolady said...

All I can think of to say right now is........

I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Just Say Julie said...

the thoughts running through my head all ended at the same place as Amy's...

I Love You!

Laura said...

I'm always thinking of you Julie and praying for the best. Hugs!